Wednesday, April 16, 2008

General Conference

I have a small confession to make. I had a quiver in my testimony when Pres. Hinckley died and Pres. Monson was sustained as the new prophet. It is not that I didn't believe at all that God chose him, but I had not yet gained that personal witness. I have always loved Pres. Monson, but he wasn't one of my faves. Anyway, I had gone with a prayer in my heart as I listened to conference that I would gain that personal testimony that he had been called of God and would lead the church in truth and righteousness. I cannot express to you the feelings that came over me as I listened to his final address on Sunday afternoon session. What a powerful speaker. I loved hearing from him and found that witness that I was truly seeking for. I now can say that he is a prophet of God and that I know he is the Lord's mouthpiece.

I also was very touched by Elder Ballard's talk on Sunday. Everything that I have felt as a wife and mother (positive and especially the negatives) he seemed to address, validate and calm my anxieties. I truly felt that his talk was designed specifically for me. I sometimes think to myself that I really wish I could just go back to teaching because compared to being a stay-at-home mom, that was easy. I seemed to have that completely under control. I'm not sure I have my house, Niev or anything under control anymore. It was a very special message to me and touched me in such a way that made teaching school seem minimal and almost pointless in comparison to staying at home and helping my family. I loved conference. It was just the pick me up that I needed. What a blessing we have to listen to God's servants every six months.

3 comments:

The Despain Gang said...

I felt exactly the same way about President Monson.
-Melissa

The Despain Gang said...

Boston and I went back and looked at the park videos. They're our favorite and we'll watch them over and over. I love blogs.
-Melissa

Kelsey said...

ok so this isn't as easy as it looked. I am requesting more pics of your curtains and paint jobs.

How's that for bloggin? hee hee

kw