Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Lora OR doing the dishes???

Lately, I have read just for a few minutes after climbing into bed. Therefore, Ian has fallen asleep just a few minutes before me. Several nights in a row, after I close my book and lay down to sleep, Ian has wrapped his arm around me and said, "Goodnight, Lora, I love you." Now normally this would be an "Awwww, how sweet," but you have to realize that Ian talks in his sleep so I know that he is not consciously expressing love--it is just his dreams talking.

Well the other night, I closed my book as usually, climbed under the sheets and snuggled up to Ian. He very clearly says, "I love you, Lora...almost as much as not doing the dishes." I was laughing so hard that it woke him up and I told him what he said. His reply? "It totally made sense in my head a few seconds ago and it was a compliment!" I guess I have asked him to do the dishes too often around here.

I love sleep-talking!

4 comments:

Brandon and Amber said...

I love sleep talking too! 2 of my favorite people that I shared a room with did it--first Katie, then Brandon. It never fails to make me laugh because you never know what's going to come out!

Crystal said...

that's hilarious! mike does the same thing, and it's always totally random!

The Despain Gang said...

LOL; great funny story.
-Melissa

Anonymous said...

awesome!!! I say some of the greatest stuff in my sleep - actually, I think if I was half as funny in real life as my sleep, I'd be the life o'the party - as it is, I'm kind of dull. Anyways, Aileena could tell you some funny stuff - maybe I'll get her to blog about it.