Monday, October 26, 2009

Monsters, Monsters everywhere!

Niev had her first monster encounter last night. She woke up at 4:30 and came into our room whining that there was a monster in her room. She went on to explain that he was going to get her so she swung her arms and the monster couldn't bite her. He kept trying to bite her, but she just kept swinging at him

Ian gave her a ratchet-type tool and told her it was a "Monster Blaster". He then preceded to throw all the monsters out of the house (great dad, huh!). She refused to go back in her room and cried for a while after Ian forced her to go back to bed (we've been having problems with her trying to sleep with us after about 5 a.m.). I just hope her "Monster Blaster" works tonight!

5 comments:

Shana said...

I've learned kids will say just about anything to get into mom and dad's bed. Troy and I have decided that mom and dad's bed must just feel like the coziest and safest place to a kid - how can we deny our kids that? To feel so cozy and safe? :) We struggle with Thatcher still coming into our bed. He acts so scared (There's somebody in the shower!) but when he snuggles into our bed he gets this sweet little satisfied smile on his face. Stinker. I have to tell myself, there will be a day when not only will he not fit in our bed, he will think it is uncool and dumb. Or at least I hope so :)

Nettie said...

Ugh...there's nothing worse than being interrupted while sleeping. For us lately, it's been my 3 year old because she "has spiders" in her bed. Or my 5 year old who claims he had a scary dream, but really just doesn't want to go to the bathroom by himself when it's dark in the middle of the night. I just want to SLEEP! Oh, and by the way, when you mentioned your daughter swinging her arms around to fight off the monsters, it totally reminded me of when you and I were walking through my basement in the pitch dark and I went ahead of you to turn on the light. When I turned it on, you were waving your arms around in the dark trying to find your way....I'm totally laughing just thinking about it!! ROFL!!! That is seriously one of my funniest memories. Ahhhh, thanks for the laugh. :)

The Despain Gang said...

LOL: that's awesome. I'm glad you have this all documented. It will be a great reveal some day! :D
-Melissa

Maria said...

Good thing Ian had a monster blaster handy. Good Dad.

The Despain Gang said...

WHERE ARE THE HALLOWEEN PICS!!!!! Dying to see them.