Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween is finally over!!!

I overheard Ian talking to his mom about how "everyone should just give up on Lora's blog". Well, you've asked for it so here it is. Good luck keeping up!

Normally I really love Halloween, but this year has been extremely chaotic with the Primary Presentation and then my volunteering for too many things for our Halloween Carnival. I have truly learned to just keep my mouth shut and NEVER show up to meetings.

Tonight we had a Halloween Carnival, Bake-off and Trunk-or-Treat. I have been thinking about the girls costumes since around Labor Day and then costumes took a backseat while we were preparing for the Primary Program this last Sunday. Once Sunday was over, I realized that that I really didn't have much time to get everything done that needed to get done (especially since Niev and Rowan's costumes were more in the design phase rather than the sewing and done phase!).

Last night at 11 p.m. Ian and I put the finishing touches on the girls' costumes. They really turned out so cute.


Niev kept jumping up and down so it was very hard to get a picture of her. She LOVED eating dinner with her friends (I can't get the underlining off of this part...sorry!)

Niev was so cute saying, "I'm an astronaut and Ronin is a rocket." When she was trick or treating, she would say, "Tick, trick or treat." I just couldn't correct her. She was trying so hard to say just the right thing that would get her candy.
She kept trying to see what the girl was painting on her face so she was being EXTREMELY wiggly for the poor young woman painting her face!

Today was busy spent preparing for the carnival (which I was in charge of!!!) and then baking a pie for the pie bake-off (which I proudly won second place! Sorry Derrick, my pie was still better than your whiny-story pie). I'm so glad that tomorrow, then only thing on our calendar is going trick-or-treating with the girls.

6 comments:

Maria said...

Halloween just gets crazier the older the kids get. Love the creative costumes. That's the only great thing about Halloween, the creativity.

The Despain Gang said...

WOW! You were right. That rocket is serious good enjoy to be sold. It's amazing and the hat is perfect! I LOVE it! Yay! What sweet sewing skills you have!

Love Sweet Love said...

You put me to shame! I will never be able to make my kids their own costumes because they will never look anything close to your masterpieces! Loved all the pictures, keep em coming!

Jen said...

They were so cute! I love your girls!

Pedertrawn said...

very cute. it looks like Niev is floating in the 2nd pic. way to take it up a notch and make her hover-boots.

Shana said...

So cute, that is the best idea! I love how you tied the outfits together.